We offer real-world insight, problem framing training and the ability to think-through.
If you'd like to learn to train your mind to think rigorously & be able to separate data from a point of view...
impact mojo is for you!
what is Impact Mojo?
THE story BEHIND This effort...
Impact Mojo is the idea that social welfare and global development measurement can be done well. Brought to you by PinPoint Ventures, we deliver online learning with three clear distinguishing charecteristics;
- We don't teach you what to think, we teach you how to think.
- We don't teach you a curriculum we teach you the literature. Paper by paper, innovation by innovation and idea by idea - the same way the best universities in the world do.
- We use experiments, books, music, crosswords, discussions and a lot more to make what we teach fun. We love fun.
ImpactMojo began when the founder decided to do something about the low-level of knowledge, lack of rigorous thinking and poorly known outcomes of development interventions globally.
We strongly believe that in order to change something you have to first know where you are currently.
who is behind this
thinkers, dreamers, creators
We characterize our work as rigourous, honest and for that reason controversial. We're a bunch of economists, researchers and development practitioners who have worked with clients and agencies and understand the politics of MEAL and development. We think there is space to do good but in order to do that one needs to unlearn. We offer a collective experience of having measured, created methodologies, written books and much more for over three hundred development interventions across the world.
why choose us
WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET
Ask as many questions as you want, we offer unlimited mentoring during all our courses. All our assignments, reading lists and exercises are refreshed and originally re-researched and updated every week. We offer new 'papers' once a week. If you hate your classes we offer you an unconditional refund immediately. We don't promise better jobs, grades or outcomes, we do however, promise better understanding and a new and informed worldview.
What we offer
a parallel reality
We will teach you history, sociology, law, economics, policy, statistics and art to help you understand the complexities of global development "wholly". We do not limit our subjects to silos and do not pretend that social problems are simple to solve. We'll teach you to represent your ideas and refine your understanding of the world. We will also teach you to question everything, apply evidence and how to not jump to conclusions.
A new vision
We believe that the best interventions are those that have evidence at the center. We can teach you how to evaluate the evidence, understand what evidence is sufficient and how to prototype a service and prep for success.
design FOR IMPACT
Testing your assumptions, documenting evidence clearly and making sure that impact pathways are explicit are central to designing for maximal impact. To do any of these - it is absolutely vital to understand the social context in which development interventions operate. We can show you how.
Testing for scale
We understand that piloting and testing-an-idea is different from operating a welfare programme at scale. What we love more than creating is learning. We believe that in the global development space, scaling is THE opportunity to learn. We're always open to new collaborations and exploring new ways and techniques to create and document impact. All our students are collaborators, for real.
WHY WE ARE DOING THIS
We want to teach development organisations how to create broad-based and effective programmes. We are willing to do what it takes to help measure effect and impact and we can teach you how to benchmark your costs. We do this because we care about making development truly effective. We know that the vast majority of development programmes lack rigor and impact. We want to help change that, we think there is real potential to do better and to do development well. We are committed to seeking the truth in development work.
We believe that true success in development, like with any complex system, can only come from collaboration. There is no one-size-fits-all solution in development and we care deeply about right-sizing for impact and cost-effectiveness. Collaboration and knowledge-sharing is the way we do things.
At the center of what we do is "digging deep", we love asking questions and believe thatwhile simple answers are often desirable they are also often wrong. We believe in embracing complexity and that learning can only happen outside a comfort zone.
SUPER INTERESTING COURSES
The Development Issues Primer
A Thinkers Toolkit
A full-fledged online course covering 63 thematic issues in contemporary global development thinking. We'll teach you how to think about pandemics, micromarkets, regulation, corruption, gender, infrastructure, healthcare delivery, early childhood development, education, growth, fiscal capacity and human development capabilities and more....
THE CRITICAL THINKING TOOLBOX
A Practitioners Guide
Do you confuse impact and reach? Do you look at a programme's logic model and wonder how it actually works? Are your indicators only quantitative? Have you been asked to design a MEAL system or a programme and have no idea actually how to do it? Learn the principles of critical thinking and mental models to understand how to design for scale and impact better...
THE Impact Management MANUAL
A Manager's Blue Book
Everything you need to know to jumpstart, refine or take your MEAL career to the next level. Learn about the fifty most influential thinkers and ideas in global development, theories of change, how to explicate causal connections, choose the right study design, manage research budgets, how to automate data collection, keep costs low and trains running on time, how to "play well" with programme and operational teams and much more...
A Data Consumer's Key
Data literacy is an important skill for everyone. We'll help you understand the difference between odds and probabilities, percentages and percentage points and more. Write about numerical data and mutivariate analysis results with ease and confidence. Understand the meaning of a statistically significant result versus large magnitudes and effect sizes. Understand when data representation lies or distorts the whole truth...
We also accept UPI
4130 for courses one and four, 5000 for course three and 2950 for course two.
WE HAVE YOUR BACK
REAL VALUE Subscriptions
The Development discourse Library
A curated e-library of important papers, books, magazines or just reading and watching material on all things "development" for anyone interested in the the world at large. We add dozens of high quality, full-licensed, delightfully summarised & annotated documents to the library every week.
₹1800 for the first month,
₹800 for every month thereafter.
The Blueprint Files
Fully developed content architecture and strategy documents for development interventions including the most effective worksheets, slides, app and websites recommendations in delightful UX for develpment practitioners. Updated weekly, with emails on updates - this is the resource you need!
₹ 2500 for the first month,
₹ 1500 for every month thereafter.
New at ImpactMoJo -->
The Goldmine WeekLY
The Goldmine Weekly is a series of focussed "bootcamps" on particular themes, papers or issues that is delivered entirely via a messenger app. These are intended to be short focussed learning sessions requiring little other than watching videos and looking at pre-prepared materials.
Take a look at our offer list for courses on curently;
1. India and Data Privacy - Politics and Patterns
2. Understanding CoVid Data
3. Development as Freedom and What Else?
WHAT SUBJECTS SHOULD OUR courses OFFER?
Tell everyone you know....
Awesome Webinar Series, meet MojoTalkies
The Impact Dictionary, meet Lingua Franca
Problem Solving Q&A, meet Impact Whisperer
Try Us Risk Free
Tell us a little about yourself and we'll send you a curated selection of reads on critical thinking, development and the like every Sunday. We'll throw in a free resource you can use in your work too, one that is constantly updated. No cost. :)
Still not convinced?
- Who teaches these courses?
- All our courses are taught by development and research practitioners. Our youngest teachers have worked in development for a decade, the oldest for over quarter of a century. We also have guest faculty who have done things like worked in publishing, journalism, law and such. Send us an email about your questions on faculty and we shall send you complete bios.
- How do I know what you teach in these courses? Why are all the course outlines different from each other?
- Our curriculum and course outlines are extremely comprehensive and cover everything including reading lists, key focus themes and the "why" of the class. Click on a 'learn more' button and you should be redirected to a comprehensive PDF document with this information. Our course outlines differ from each other because the courses are different from each other. We do not believe in offering a one-size-fits-all curriculum. If you find that any particular piece of information is missing about any course send us an email, we always respond!
- Can I take a trial class?
- At the moment no. We are working on our ability to offer this.
- Can I purchase multiple courses together and can I take them together?
- We encourage everyone to take advantage of all our courses and recommend that you buy all four for a discount too! However, you should take only one course at a time. Our courses demand significant participation. Sometimes concepts may overlap and conflict too! If you buy more than one course, we recommend that you enrol in classes sequentially and we can help you decide the sequence. Do remember that once you've paid you have access to the course material forever. Your purchase also entitles you to an entire set of live classes and you can choose to take the taught components of the course as and when it works for you, there is no expiry date.
- Do I get to keep the content and materials?
- Yes of course, lifelong.
- What is the average length of each course? How much time should I commit to this?
- Our shortest course is two months long and the longest six months long. Part of the reason why our courses are long is that they are comprehensive. The other reason is that we offer, no more than two live classes a week of two hours each, and plenty of reading material and assignments. We expect you to spend eight hours a week on a single course.
- Can I get a discount?
- Our courses are fairly priced and we are a start-up without any funding or seed capital. It is really hard for us to offer discounts. We also think we provide high value for money. Having said that, we do offer discounts if you purchase our courses in bulk (as an individual) or a purchase a course for a group of people. If you really want a discount for any other reason write to us and we will try and help.
- Will you give me a valid certificate?
- We will issue you a ceritifcate of completion and merit (depending on the grade you earn) from ImpactMojo.in and we will honour any requests for verification. However, please know that short courses are not intended to graduate students, but to update or improve a certain knowledge.
- How often do you refresh your content?
- Our subscriptions for the library and blueprint files are refreshed twice a week. Our courses get new and updated content every week.
- Where can I find more information about your subscription services?
- As with the courses, click on 'learn more' and you will be redirected to a PDF with detailed information. If you still have questions send us an email.
- How do I pay and I need an invoice, will you give me one?
- If you're in India we accept all cards (debit and credit), PayTM and UPI. Simply click on the 'buy now' links. If you're abroad we're working on a solution. Our payment gateways will issue you an automated invoice which should do for any reimbursements. In addition, we will send you a detailed invoice seperately within a week of your purchase as well.
- How much technology do I need to know?
- We use Google Classroom for all our courses. We also use Telegram Messenger for 'unlimited mentorship' and Zoom for all our live classes and office hours. Aside of this, we may use other tools for quizzes or multimedia offerings. Our data courses will require the use of Google Codelab, Python or a web-based service such as SyntaxMeets and R/JASP or such. Our subscription plans for the library and templates service run on Nuclino, while our upcoming webinar series will run on Zoom. We will offer technical support up to a reasonable level and expect that most issues can also be resolved using simple Googling.
- Do you have a political agenda?
- All individuals have political agendas and beliefs. So do our people. Our classes and this platform are non-partisan as long as the spirit of critical enquiry is kept alive.
- Are you available to consult, develop a specific curriculm or do _________ thing?
- ImpactMojo is a teaching and learning platform. Our parent company PinPoint Ventures does consulting and research projects. Contact them.
- How much maths, economics or other background am I required to have to take these courses?
- You are not required to be an economist or an advanced statistician. Some knowledge of current events, developmental issues and a familiarity with data and numbers will help but is not mandatory. The only thing mandatory is interest.
- I have a totally different question!
- Great, we love questions! Scroll down and send us an email.